Two nights ago I got my worst night of sleep since Cara's arrival ... and really I still shouldn't be complaining. She is only just over 1 month and on a semi-regular basis I get 4-5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I went to sleep around 11:30pm and she wanted to eat at 1:30am, then we went back to sleep from 2:30am until 5 or 5:30am. Back to bed around 6:30am and Joe got up with Katie so I could get some extra rest, but Cara had me back up by 7:45am! It was a rough night and an exhausting stressful day followed.
Last night Caroline and I ventured out to Target after 7pm, and I was questioning this decision the whole way there as she fussed in her car seat for nearly the entire drive. Just moments before arriving at our destination my sweet baby fell asleep. Unfortunately opening the car door and moving her infant carrier was enough for her to awaken and begin fussing again. During our shopping trip her disposition went from fussy to all out crying with tears running down her cheeks. After snuggling her close while I attempted to shop, and a quick diaper change, the tears subsided. She however was not too happy about getting back into the car to drive home, but she did fall asleep quickly.
At 10:30pm Joe and I both decided we were too tired to stay awake ... Caroline had other plans! Joe went to sleep and I returned to the living room with Cara where she continued to eat like a little bear preparing for hibernation. An hour later we joined Joe in the land of slumber and just before I fell asleep I prayed, "God please let me get some real sleep tonight - 5 hours would be great." I awoke to Cara's sweet awaking baby noises at 5:30am! I got sleep, real sleep, 6 consecutive hours of sleep! I can't remember the last time I got this much sleep all at once ... God is SO good! Right now as I write this my little baby is sound asleep again and I could be sleeping too, but I'm just too excited ... I had to write it all down. Today is going to be a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment