Cara is already growing so fast. Just like her big sister she makes Mommy & Daddy SO happy - we are such proud parents of 2 amazing little girls! Caroline is a smiley baby ... she gives us big grins and already giggles on rare occasion. She has been responding to my voice and smile since her 1st week. She's really quite amazing!
What a wonderful sleeper she is! Cara will sleep anywhere from 3-5 hours at a time during the night ... how nice for me to be clearheaded during the day. She naps great during the day as well; however, Katie gave up napping this month. We have kept our routine, all of us take some quiet rest time for a couple hours every afternoon. Katie just chooses to use her crib as a trampoline instead of sleeping. All-in-all it's still a very nice opportunity for everyone to recharge and get ready for our evening activities.
We are all slowly setting into our new life as a family of 4 ... although things are much busier, they are also a lot more fun. The girls are still getting to know each other, but we are moving forward everyday with some of the most tender moments that warm my heart as a Mommy. Katie has made attempts to share her blankets with Cara; however she then tries to lay down on top of the blankets and baby Caroline. We say "gentle" and "be careful" a lot these days, but her intentions are purely good. Most recently I prompted Katie, and looking right at Cara she said "Hi Cara!" The bonding, although slow, is sweet.
I know life will just continue to get better as things get easier. I love my girls and still cannot believe just how blessed I am. I look forward with great anticipation to the future ... family game nights, camping out, and running races together. For now I'll just drink in that sweet smell of our littlest child sleeping peacefully on my chest, and be content with the fact that Katie is sleeping equally peacefully in her crib. Life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment