Averaging out at the 80th percentile; Caroline weighed in at 12 pounds 7 ounces and measured 23.5 inches long at her November 1st well-baby visit. By the time Thanksgiving rolled around Cara was weighing more than our turkey this year - over 13.2 pounds! She's growing almost as quickly as Katie, but being below the 100th percentile has allowed more time for her to wear some of my favorite outfits ... that makes this Mommy very happy! Cara did outgrow her 0-3 month clothes this month and she moved into size 2 diapers. After discovering sometime last month that Katie's proper clothing size is 4T, I'm hoping Caroline continues to grow just a little bit slower. Recently I was reviewing pictures from the past year and realized that sometime between May and August Katie grew into a preschooler ... still just 2 in September she is so tall and mature, and oh so smart! I am completely amazed my her.
Staying healthy and getting sleep have been our biggest obstacles this month. Katie no longer takes routine naps, but on rare occasion both girls have been known to nap at the same time. Caroline has struggled with sleeping though the night ... it has been a very tired month for me, on November 20th I accidentally tried to put Katie to bed at 6:25pm. Most recently I discovered that Cara does not need to be changed every time she wakes up during the night - this definitely helps me get back to bed faster! Katie was on antibiotics at the beginning of the month for an ear infection, and she has been congested and feeling kinda yucky on and off for weeks. On a positive note - I think she finally kicked that bug and we're onto a healthier December. Cara had congestion and a little cough as well, but we count ourselves blessed that it didn't develop into anything more serious for either of our girls!
Caroline moved across the hall into her own nursery this month. This was a big change for me, but it has worked out very well for all of us! She is learning to sleep well in her crib and we have begun an official bedtime routine ... snuggles, story time, and prayers (just like Katie). Joe and I have been able to split up responsibilities in this area; however, both girls always get hugs and kisses from both of us. Have I mentioned I adore my little girls?! Katie is learning to clean up; this month she has begun putting her used sippy cups and nap time bottles in the kitchen sink without always being asked. Additionally, she can clean up all her alphabet blocks, on her own, before bedtime if we work to clean her room together. I am so proud!
On the 18th Katie stood up and did her 1st somersault completely on her own. Then on the 28th Caroline rolled over from her belly to her back! I think we've got 2 gymnasts growing up in this house - ha. Cara became interested in toys this month - grabbing rattles and shaking them, and Kate has discovered a love of Dora music on CD. It's nice not to have the TV on as often, and when it's off I don't hear begging to watch. Katie knows how to press the play button on the CD player and she has been spending long hours in the playroom downstairs deep in imaginative play! Everyday life gets a little easier and everyday I love my girls just a little more. They are so beautiful and such special gifts from God! I am so thankful.
*The girls took their 1st professional picture together this month. Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment