Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Full Day

Yesterday was quite an exciting day of firsts. Nothing too momentous, but still they were exciting for us. Katie and I went to the library and signed up for the summer reading program. So far we have already read - The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Good Night Spot, Clifford's Bedtime, Goodnight Moon, and Runaway Bunny. After 500 minutes I earn a free taco - well, Kate actually earns the taco but I'm sure she'll share.

At dinner Katie ate a few small nibbles of Sara Lee Honey Roasted Turkey Breast - She actually LIKED it! Gagging only once ... this constituted her first meat, and she had bananas for lunch which she also liked. It seems her palate is becoming a little more diversified. Thankfully she still prefers nursing - at this point I officially have less than 10 pounds left to go. Thank You Katelyn!

Last night Joe rearranged his schedule so that we could go swimming together as a family. We took Kate to the Marion outdoor pool for the first time. This hidden Southern Illinois treasure has 2 diving boards, 1 waterslide, a large lap pool, and most importantly a zero depth baby pool complete with mushroom waterfall. We began our water experience with Katelyn reaching up with her right hand to hold Daddy's hand and with her left she held mine - our little baby WALKED into the water squeeling and smiling the whole way! She enjoyed going under the mushroom waterfall and got to watch Mommy and Daddy slide down the waterslide. Of course with the rate she has been growing I'm thinking it won't be too many more years before she'll be able to do more than watch us on the slide. It was a wonderful night! The water was warm and relaxing and the baby pool area felt very safe. I'm looking forward to next Monday when we plan to do it all over again.

No comments: