Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bathroom Activities

Wednesday June 2nd I spent the majority of my day preparing the house for remodelling. Katelyn and I were both working in the bathroom - I was emptying the bathroom of its contents and Kate was playing on the rug. I left with an armload of stuff and Katie was completely occupied with her toes, the rug, and our scale. I returned moments later to find that Katelyn had pulled herself up on the toilet and was elbow deep splashing around in the toilet bowl! Yucky - thank goodness for antibacterial soap. She enjoyed her trip to the sink for a lesson in handwashing almost as much as her toilet water discovery. She never stopped smiling and I think she even liked squishing the soap in her hands!

Thursday June 3rd we relocated our living space to the downstairs. Our new family/play room has also become the master bedroom suite. While in the downstairs bathroom (which Kate has only entered twice in her entire life) my little girl discovered that not only is there a tub in there but also it has lower sides than the upstairs tub. Katie pulled up on the side of the tub and began lifting her leg trying to maneuver herself into the bathtub. I detered her from this activity; however, she simply turned, reached for the block foundation wall, and stepped holding herself up on the wall! She has become so agile. At this very moment she is attempting to tackle the stairs going up - I should go!!!

No comments: