The year I became a Christian I was in my first year of teaching at a new school. I tried to begin each day by sitting in the parking lot and praying over the school, the kids, and the ability for others to see Christ through me. I failed a lot during that year; however, my heart was always drawn to my students. I watched as my 5th graders that year grew and matured into the 6th grade class I taught again the following year. Nothing momentous happened as a result of my prayers ... we just lived life, I grew to love teaching, and occasionally I got to see a few students at church.
In that class were a group of girls that were friends, but there were days it was hard to believe. Sometimes they wanted to be on the same team, and other days they drove me crazy with their tween-aged arguments. All in all I enjoyed the time I spent with them, but it wasn't always easy. Last night I watched as those 14 year old girls stood in a group and prayed over their friend as she got baptized. It was a beautiful moment!
After service concluded, Katelyn and I walked over to where they were all seated. I was amazed by the sea of unexpected yet familiar faces. The excitement, the support, and the expression of JOY on her face is something I will not soon forget. I hugged her, she held Katie, and I KNOW God answered my prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment